Friday, June 8, 2012

Things I'd love to do with/for my future Daughter

Hey!
Ok so I'm the kind of girl whose been dreaming about the perfect husband and having kids, since I was 10(or younger).
I'm still pretty young- almost a full-fledged adult( interpret that as you will, noting that adult could mean above13, 16, 0r 21 given the context)
Anyway, I was listening to Ed Sheeran's 'Small Bump', and couldn't help dream about the things I'd love to do with my future daughter. This serves both as a post for you guys, but also a reminder for me when I'm old(er):


    Pipay
  • Take pictures/ document all aspects of their childhood( within reason)
  • Take mother-daughter ballet classes and dance with her (i know- they exist!)
  • Braid her hair in the cutest styles, and dress her in the cutest baby dresses
  • Bake with her
  • Play classical music for her both as a kid, and when she's older
  • Teach her piano, or any instrument she enjoys
  • Get her to keep some form of journal or notebook
  • Share my reminder book with her(my own version of a journal)
  • Teach her to love writing, especially poetry
  • Read her princess stories, but also real-life stories of hardship, pain, and charity.
  • Ensure she reads:
  • - The Princess Diaries(Meg Cabot)
  • - Beautiful Child(Torey Heyden)
  • - Ps I love you(Cecilia Ahern)
  • - Where Rainbows End( Cecila Ahern)
  • -House Rules (Jodi Picoult).
  • A Thousand Splendid Suns (Khaled Hosseini)
  • The Kite Runner(Khaled Hosseini)
  • When I'm pregnant with her, write little notes or letters to her, about my experience with her, myself, hopes and dreams and advice for her as she gets older(maybe by milestone birthdays? too cheesy? i like cheesy). Stick it in a book, that she can read, and always have just in case anything happens to me.
  • Let her find God her way, but help and encourage her every step of the way- make sure she finds Him, like I did.
my life in pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment